The 10 Most Wanted Christmas Presents
Based on data from Google searches this year, Forbes has determine the most popular items this year for Christmas gifts. It appears that consumers are dreaming of electronics this year. Nine of the top 10 most wanted gifts are gadgets, from music players (3) to video games and consoles (4) to digital photography toys (2), Americans have seriously gone digital.
Ugg Boots are the only non-gadget to make the list, as it appears they have come back the forefront of pop-fashion after a brief hiatus.
So what are the lessons learned? If you’re not desperately suffering in this tanking economy, your friends and relatives are probably hoping you get them one of the following:
- Nintendo Wii: If you can get your hands on one, the remote-controlled Wii is good, clean fun.
- Wii Fit: The most popular game for Nintendo Wii, featuring fitness activies like yoga and aerobics
- iPod Touch: Like the iPod, but with Internet access where you don’t have to for a data plan
- iPod Nano: Smaller and cheaper, and without the Internet connection
- Xbox 360: With this year’s hot gaming console, you can play other people from around the world in real time
- Nintendo DS: This handheld video game system has great color graphics and a 6-hour battery life
- Ugg Boots: Whether or not you think they are high fashion, they are one of the most searched gifts for the year
- Nikon D90: A 12.9 mexapixel digital camera, this Nikon is the only camera in the top 10
- Zune: The Microsoft version of the iPod has a big hard drive and an FM tuner
- Digital Picture Frame: Preserve your memories forever by framing your digital photos into a moving slideshow