There’s nothing like a good chuckle, especially when you’re working in the occasionally boring world of accounting.
We sifted through the best accounting jokes Reddit has to offer and put them all in one place to brighten up your day.
Be sure to check out the /r/AccountingHumor community when you’re done here for even more laughs!
1. Why did the auditor cross the road?
2. How does Santa’s accountant value his sleigh?
Net Present Value.
3. Did you know the IRS now offers a tax credit on the purchase of marijuana?
You just have to file a joint return.
4. Consult a tax professional.
5. Why do accountants make great lovers?
6. There are 3 kinds of people out there.
Those who can count and those who can’t.
7. Is coffee a liquid asset?
8. LIFO the party.
9. Young CPAs’ favorite accounting jokes.
10. What do you call a gang of accountants?
11. The GAAP.
Mind the GAAP
12. Why did the auditor crap their pants?
They didn’t have any internal controls.
13. Some things never change.
14. How many auditors does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
I don’t know, how many did we use last year?
15. Happens every time.
16. Why do accountants love holidays?
Less traffic on their way to work.
17. Did you hear about the cannibal CPA?
She charges an arm and a leg.
18. A mathematician, an engineer, and an accountant walk into a bar.
The bartender asks, “What’s two plus two?” and each present their answer:
Mathematician: “I can prove to you that an answer exists.”
Engineer: “I can give you the answer with up to two decimal points accuracy.”
Accountant: “Whatever you want it to be.”
19. I’m literally a second monitor.
20. Yo girl, are you a zero APR loan?
Because I don’t really understand your terms, and you keep saying you have no interest.
21. I got 1099 problems but an audit ain’t one.
22. Why do accountants get excited for the weekend?
Because they get to wear casual clothes to work.
23. I’m fine.
24. It’s been proven 5 out of 4 people can’t understand fractions.
25. Why did the accountant get dehydrated?
He didn’t have enough liquid assets.
26. Let’s fill out a 1040.
You’re a 10, and I’m 40.
27. No need for an account.
28. An accountant goes to his doctor complaining of insomnia.
The doctor asks, “Have you ever tried counting sheep?”
He replies, “Doctor, that’s the problem…I start counting sheep, make a mistake, and then spend several hours trying to find it.”
29. Is zero a good number?
30. IT’S AN ACCRUAL WORLD… HA HA HA.
31. What’s an accountant’s favorite drink?
32. Barney’s reaction to Ben’s accounting jokes compilation.
33. Accountants work their assets off.
34. Where do accountants shop for pants?
35. Accountants at 3 am.
36. A balance sheet is like a bikini.
What it reveals is interesting, but what it hides is crucial.
37. Public accounting video series.
38. We have technology.
Did any of these best accounting jokes make you laugh? If you managed to crack a smile, then you’ve got the humor of a seasoned accountant!
Tammy Dang is a staff writer for Shoeboxed covering productivity, organization, and digitization how-to guides for the home and office. Her favorite organization tip is “1-in-1-out.” And her favorite app for managing articles and deadlines is Monday.com.
Shoeboxed is a receipt scanning service with receipt management software that supports multiple methods for receipt capture: send, scan, upload, forward, and more!
You can stuff your receipts into one of our Magic Envelopes (prepaid postage within the US). Use our receipt tracker + receipt scanner app (iPhone, iPad and Android) to snap a picture while on the go. Auto-import receipts from Gmail. Or forward a receipt to your designated Shoeboxed email address.
Turn your receipts into data and deductibles with our expense reports that include IRS-accepted receipt images.
Join over 1 million businesses scanning & organizing receipts, creating expense reports and more—with Shoeboxed.
Try Shoeboxed today!