We wrote a guest post on the Freshbooks blog with tips for collecting reimbursable expenses from clients, and we thought we would share it with you.
In case you didn’t know already, Freshbooks is the easiest way to invoice your clients and get paid faster. Hundreds of small businesses and freelancers use Shoeboxed and Freshbooks together to free themselves from paperwork and focus on their work. Both Shoeboxed and Freshbooks have free trials, so check both out if you haven’t already, and tell us what you think of the integration!
You can read the full post here. Some things you will learn:
- Three key rules to make collecting reimbursable expenses from clients a breeze.
- How to avoid common mistakes that could lose you money, your client or both!
- What expenses should your clients pay for?
- What is the optimal way of billing for reimbursable expenses from a tax perspective?
- Should I submit an expense report? (OK, this is an easy one, the answer is Yes. Why wouldn’t you? It creates goodwill all around, and it only takes one click with Shoeboxed.)
If you have any other tips or comments, please leave them below. We’d love to hear them!
The Shoeboxed Team