The brachiosaurus is the largest known species to have existed on our earth. They were massive creatures with migratory habits necessary to sustain their large eating habits. With that in mind, it’s the perfect preface to introduce our next featured platform for our accounting solutions Dino Series: FreshBooks.
Freshbooks is the #1 cloud accounting specialist for small business owners, second only to Quickbooks Online in North America. For years FreshBooks has been the ‘big guy’ in online billing and invoicing because of its easy to use functionality, broad-spectrum industry application and out of this world customer service (we can attest firsthand to their great customer service!).
With its heritage in billing, FreshBooks recently began a new and exciting migration route down the path of cloud based accounting solutions. Their herd of loyal users have taken advantage of the accounting style reports for years and have long described the platform as their preferred choice of accounting solutions, so this new path was no surprise to us. Over the past four years, FreshBooks’ enormous full feature set of tools have uncovered a fresh business trail for this growing company and their 4.5 million users are more than happy to follow this jolly long neck on its newest adventure.
Being the largest creature to ever grace our earth, an adult Brachiosaurus didn’t have any predators (must be nice!). Similarly, it’s pretty tough to find any competition that stacks up against FreshBooks in the invoice/billing world. Their recent product introductions (such as: expense-tracking capabilities, profit and loss statements and more) have already become invaluable assets to their new accounting solutions positioning. Here is what you can expect from our Brachiosaurus friends at FreshBooks:
- Easy to use and great customer service
- Easy external collaboration
- Project and document management
- Numerous add-ons/integrated sites (like Shoeboxed!)
- Cloud-based and compatible with multiple devices
- Completely affordable (most expensive plan is $39.95, excluding add-ons)
- Not designed for every kind of business’ accounting needs
- Isn’t an in-depth/all-in-one accounting solution (BUT integrates with other accounting platforms to fill any gaps)
- Can get pricey if you need multiple staff members to have access
FreshBooks is best for business owners who:
- Are in the service industry (lawyers, therapists, plumbers etc.)
- Are swamped with managing receivables
- Own small businesses looking to scale
- Work directly with their accountant and/or other accounting platforms
- Are freelancers
- Own a company that outsources a great deal of work to freelancers
With its famously long neck, the Brachiosaurus appeared to have its head in the clouds. But we don’t look at that as a bad thing. In fact, with the future of computing moving more and more into the cloud, FreshBooks is actually leading the way for many small business owners.
Don’t get stuck in the Mesozoic Period when looking at accounting solutions for your business: consider migrating with FreshBooks! You might be pleasantly surprised how helpful its feature set is at helping you with your business’ needs.
Is FreshBooks your preferred choice out of all of the accounting solutions? Tell us what you think in the comments below!