What is shoebox accounting?
Shoebox accounting is the practice of filling a symbolic shoebox with receipts, invoices, and other accounting documents so that an accountant can sort these out at the end of the accounting year.
In doing a weekly accounting check, have you ever asked yourself the following:
- How much time do you spend on finding the physical receipts and business transaction records?
- How much space do you spend on keeping these records?
- How much energy do you spend on keeping track of these transactions?
- How much trouble do you go through at the end of the tax season to account your expenses?
If your answer to those questions is quite a lot, I suggest you spend just 5 minutes to know how Shoeboxed services can solve all these problems for you and your business, applying the shoebox accounting method.
How does Shoeboxed accounting help you increase revenue?
The shoebox accounting method can save business owners’ costs by reducing the stress of keeping accounting records. It gives business owners more time to concentrate on growing the business.
Why should you use a shoebox accounting specialized software?
For the reason that a shoebox accounting software such as Shoeboxed reduces the risk of human errors and optimizes the efficiency of the automated accounting system.
These are the most prominent features of Shoeboxed that make accounting a walk in the park for your business.
- You can easily access all the data that you need without worrying about safekeeping the records. Because the Shoeboxed app scans important receipts and documents and safely stores them at a physical warehouse and in the cloud.
- You can have all key data extracted from your business records and organized in your account. At the click of a button, you can track all expenses and review scanned images of your receipts.
- You can have all the expense reports simply organized and created catering to your own needs. You can choose to export all or part of your data at any time and have them beautifully downloaded in the format of PDF or CSV files.
You might like: The Ultimate Receipt Organization & Management Resource
Shoeboxed is a receipt scanning service that supports multiple methods for receipt capture: send, scan, upload, forward, and more!
You can stuff your receipts into one of our Magic Envelopes (prepaid postage within the US). Use our receipt app (iPhone, iPad and Android) to snap a picture while on the go. Auto-import receipts from Gmail. Or forward a receipt to your designated Shoeboxed email address.
Turn your receipts into data and deductibles with our expense reports that include IRS-accepted receipt images.
Join over 1 million businesses scanning & organizing receipts, creating expense reports and more—with Shoeboxed.