Outright: The Pteranodon of Accounting Solutions
What’s the first flying dinosaur that comes to mind? Did you say Pterodactyl? So did we. As it turns out, pterodactyls were pretty small, but had a larger cousin in the Pteranodon. Take a second to briefly rock your inner eight-year-old by saying that name in a Megatron voice (Ter-AN-oh-donnnnnn); now let’s proceed with something a little less extinct and more exciting: our second featured platform in our accounting solutions series.
Outright has been designed for those entrepreneurs who wanted to break out of the corporate pack and “fly solo”. Forget learning how to walk through complicated accounting systems, Outright was developed to help small businesses and freelancers glide through their accounting with a user-friendly interface.
Like the Pteranodon, Outright focuses its attention on the smaller (although probably evolving) fish in the business world. With its narrow scope, Outright excels in providing accounting for small businesses and freelancers who don’t normally have accounting backgrounds. Here is what you can expect from its platform:
- Supports direct linking to financial institutions, PayPal, and online marketplaces such as eBay and Etsy.
- Quick-view graphs for easy-to-understand financial reports.
- Categorizes transactions how the IRS expects (also includes tax estimates and deadline notifications).
- Cloud-based, no downloading or installation.
- Easy to use and designed specifically for small businesses.
- No invoicing/billing options (although it integrates with other tools like Freshbooks).
- Taxes based on US tax system (not for international users).
- Some users have issues with reconciliation
- It’s a great starting point, but you still may want to bring your very organized report to an accountant before filing your taxes.
Outright is probably best for business owners who:
- Are freelancers.
- Are solopreneurs / microbusinesses
- Are online retailers (on eBay, Etsy, etc.)
- Don’t know much about accounting, and probably don’t want to learn.
In this “blast from the past” reference, Petri the Pteranodon (Land Before Time) learns to fly just in time to save his friends from Sharptooth. Can Outright swoop in and save you and your business from the daunting task of accounting? Look into Outright’s free trial to see if it can save you some hassle and soar to success!