Looking for the perfect receipt management software for your business? With the right business receipt app, you won’t have to search through a pile of paper clutter to find your documents.
In this article, we break down and compare SAP Concur vs. Shoeboxed for anyone looking for a SAP Concur alternative.
What is SAP Concur?
SAP Concur has three main specific apps: SAP Concur Travel, Concur Expense, and Concur Invoice. Together, these business expense apps automate and manage your travel, expenses, and invoices. The mobile app allows users to scan their receipts, which will automatically be converted into digital data while on the go. SAP Concur has a wide range of third-party integrations to simplify expense reporting that automatically creates reports in your account.
What is Shoeboxed?
Shoeboxed is a receipt scanner organizer that also provides business expenses management. There are over 5 ways to get your receipts into your Shoeboxed account. One way is to scan or upload your receipts on their website or mobile app. Another more convenient method for busy entrepreneurs and business owners is to outsource receipt scanning using Shoeboxed’s Magic Envelope service. Either way, your receipts will be turned into digital data to help you get organized and maximize tax deductions.
SAP Concur vs. Shoeboxed: An overview
Both Shoeboxed and SAP Concur have web applications as well as iOs and Android. Additionally, both receipt software have dashboards that can be accessed on their website or mobile app. The website provides a wider view where you can see an overview of your spending and sort expenses by categories, dates, and vendors. With SAP Concur, if you are an admin, your dashboard view will show a summary of employee expenses.
Shoeboxed and SAP Concur use OCR to scan your receipts, extract the needed information, and convert it into digital data. With both software, if the OCR data needs to be corrected, you can go into your account and correct the information.
Another feature that Shoeboxed has that SAP Concur doesn’t is its Magic Envelope service.
If you have a mountain of receipts you don’t want to scan yourself, you can send them to Shoeboxed’s processing center for free with a prepaid Magic Envelope. They will extract all receipt data and upload your receipts and other documents, such as business cards, into your account.
This service is perfect for anyone who wants to free themselves from manual data entry and by using this service you won’t need to try to remember to scan receipts weekly or monthly.
Side-by-side comparison chart: SAP Concur vs. Shoeboxed
|Overview||SAP Concur can combine your travel, expenses, and invoices in one system to manage your or your employees’ spending. As an administrator, you can create compliance policies so that your employees do not go over budget.||Shoeboxed allows you to easily track and digitize your receipts, prepare audit-ready reports, and maximize tax deductions. With their Magic Envelope service, you can outsource all your scanning.|
|Platforms supported||iOs, Android, and Web.||iOs, Android, and Web.|
|Best for||• Freelancers|
• Small businesses
• Mid-size businesses
• Large enterprises
• Small businesses
• Mid-size businesses
|Features||• Scan and upload receipts on any digital device|
• Uses optical character recognition (OCR)
• Track mileage
• Multiple integrations with numerous apps
• Create compliance for employees to follow
• Approve or reject expense reports as an admin user
• Set daily, monthly, or yearly budgets for your employees as an admin
|• Scan and upload receipts on any digital device|
• Send receipts straight into your Shoeboxed account
• Use a Gmail plugin for e-receipts
• Drag and drop from your desktop to upload multiple receipts at one time
• Use the Magic Envelope service with prepaid envelopes to outsource receipt scanning
• Uses optical character recognition (OCR) with human data verification
• Track mileage
• Unlimited data storage with all plans
• Unlimited users are allowed on each account
• 15 default tax categories
• Complies for audits
|Third-party integrations||• Netsuite|
• Microsft Dynamics
• Xero Add On
• Working Point
• Get My Invoices
• Sky Clerk
• Wave Accounting
• Right Signature
• Tea Spiller
• Scan Snap
• One Price Taxes
|Pricing||Request a quote for any of their products||Shoeboxed offers two types of subscription services:|
The regular pricing plan available on their website:
• The Startup: $18
• The Professional: $36
• The Business: $54
Digital-only subscriptions available in-app:
• Starter: $4.99
• Lite Plan: $9.99
• Pro Plan: $19.99
|Trial||15 days free trial for Concur Expense||30-day free trial on all subscriptions|
Shoeboxed pros and cons
- Outsource receipt scanning and never bother about scanning receipts again.
- AI data extraction paired with a human data verification team means 100% accurate expense tracking.
- Every Shoeboxed subscription comes with unlimited file storage and unlimited sub-users. Add your bookkeeper or accountant as a sub-user to your account.
- Bookkeepers and accountants can include multiple clients within their accounts.
- Shoeboxed not only manages your receipts but your business cards as well.
- Shoeboxed does not offer budgeting features within its dashboard.
- Does not have an in-built reimbursement system.
SAP Concur pros and cons
- SAP Concur has administrative configuring settings where you can set or change employee spending policies. Employees must follow these policies anytime they use the company card for expenses or submit reimbursement reports.
- SAP Concur offers enterprise applications that connect to numerous air, hotel, car, train, finance, HR, IT, compliance, and sustainability applications.
- Summaries of employee spending visible from the dashboard.
- To use any SAP Concur application, you would need to send a request so that SAP Concur can find the best budget for your business. They do not offer individual plans.
What’s a good SAP Concur alternative for receipt and expense tracking?
SAP Concur is great for larger enterprise businesses. Their software works with various third-party apps such as finance, HR, travel, and compliance applications. You can create budgets and approve any employee reimbursement as an admin user.
Shoeboxed has about everything you need when looking for a receipt scanner for business receipts. In particular, its Magic Envelope service allows you to outsource receipt scanning. You can easily integrate Shoeboxed into your expense management workflows as Shoeboxed works with the apps that are important for small business owners, bookkeepers, or accountants, such as Quickbooks, Xero, or Wave Accounting.
In short, if your business is enterprise-sized, Concur may be a good fit. However, if you have a small- to medium-sized business, Shoeboxed is an option for anyone looking for a SAP Concur alternative.
Shoeboxed is a receipt scanning service with receipt management software that supports multiple methods for receipt capture: send, scan, upload, forward, and more!
You can stuff your receipts into one of our Magic Envelopes (prepaid postage within the US). Use our receipt tracker + receipt scanner app (iPhone, iPad and Android) to snap a picture while on the go. Auto-import receipts from Gmail. Or forward a receipt to your designated Shoeboxed email address.
Turn your receipts into data and deductibles with our expense reports that include IRS-accepted receipt images.
Join over 1 million businesses scanning & organizing receipts, creating expense reports and more—with Shoeboxed.
Try Shoeboxed today!