The Empact Showcase is a compilation of 100 companies in the United States started by entrepreneurs who are age 35 and under, and whose annual revenues or operating budgets (for non-profits) are more than $100,000. In 2012, the companies comprising the Empact Showcase contributed more than 8,500 jobs to the economy, and controlled over $1.3 billion in revenue.
The honorees for this year were selected based on company revenue, with additional factors such as number of employees, social impact, growth over the past year and innovativeness coming into play.
Applications for the award were reviewed by the 2013 Empact Academy who are among the United States’ leading entrepreneurs, and include:
- Kay Koplovitz, Founder, USA Network & ScyFy Channel & Chairman, Springboard Enterprises
- Tony Hsieh, CEO, Zappos
- Gene Landrum, Founder, Chuck E. Cheese
- Jeff Hoffman, Founding Team Member, Priceline.com
- Jeff Sandefer, Founder, Action Foundation & Sandefer Offshore
- Chip Paucek, Co-founder & CEO, 2U & Former CEO, Hooked on Phonics
- Mike Delazzer, Founder, Redbox
- Chuck Templeton, Founder, Open Table & Managing Director, Impact Engine
We are ecstatic to have been awarded this honor for a second time and would like to thank all of our awesome users for making this possible!