How to organize your receipts while you are waiting for your Mail-In envelopes
Our most popular Receipt Mail-In plan is Mail-In Classic, where you send us your receipts, we scan them and upload them to your account, and then mail them back. Well, what are you supposed to do with the receipts you accumulate when your envelope is on its way to Shoeboxed and back?
Well, you’ve got a few options. The key is to try to keep them in one place, so you can easily transfer them over to your Shoeboxed envelope when it arrives. Here are some ideas:
- Grab a regular 9″x12″ manila envelope and unload your receipts in there every day. It will be the same size as your Shoeboxed envelope, so you will know roughly how many you will be able to fit in the envelope.
- If you’re like me, you can just keep all your receipts in your wallet. This takes some discipline, but I have been able to train myself to always put my receipts in my wallet when I make a transaction. The receipts build up this way, but my next blue envelope is only gone for a matter of days anyway.
- You could also forgo the wallet and just get a money clip for your receipts. It would be nice to separate the receipts out from your money and credit cards anyway, for organization’s sake.
- You can use a magnetic clothes pin or one of those Chip Clips to pin all your receipts up on the fridge.
- You can buy one of those plastic pencil holders. Just stick the receipts inside and zip it up. It’s easy to see how many are in there, and they won’t slip out.
If you all have any ideas on how you manage your receipts when your envelope is in the mail, let me know! I would love to hear them!